Past Due Fines

There are many avenues Municipal Court can take to collect past due fines. Below are some of the most commonly used methods.

Incarceration in the Dodge County Jail

You will be housed at the Dodge County Jail Facility in Juneau until you pay the forfeiture/restitution in full or have served the required amount of time to satisfy the debt.

When a Writ of Commitment has been issued the only way to have it vacated is to serve the allotted number of days in jail or to pay the forfeiture/restitution in full. To pay the forfeiture/restitution without going to jail, you may go to your local police or sheriff’s department and indicate to them that you would like to pay a warrant or contact the Clerk of Court at 920-485-4376.

License Suspension

Your Wisconsin driver’s license will be suspended for a period of up to two years for any unpaid traffic forfeitures. When the traffic forfeiture is paid in full, the suspension on your license will be released, and you will be eligible to go to the Department of Transportation to reinstate your driving privileges.

Tax Refund Intercept Program (TRIP)

The Wisconsin Department of Revenue’s Tax Refund Intercept Program is an avenue available to Courts to collect fines, forfeitures and restitution. The Court will certify the debt with the DOR whereby your Wisconsin state taxes will be sent directly to the certifying Court until the amount certified is paid in full.