Summer Library Program
Summer Reading Adventure Challenge
June 15 through August 22
Have no fear; the HPL Summer Reading Adventure Challenge will soon be here. We have been working furiously to transition our usual all paper format into a new digital challenge. We know you’ll miss the Treasure Chest, but we’ve tried to get the rest of our usual drawings blended into the new system.
We’re set to begin our all ages challenge on Monday, June 15th, but you can preregister by clicking here or clicking on the picture above to get started. Register yourself or your whole family, track your reading, write reviews, and complete activities to earn badges, a completion certificate, and tickets towards weekly drawings and the grand prizes. Activities are family-focused and can be counted towards everyone’s activity badge. Every badge completed also earns the opportunity to build your own library from our massive pile of gently used books.
There's also a Mobile App
The app allow you to enter book titles or scan ISBN barcodes to quickly add them to your Log, time reading sessions, and check off activities as you complete them. Search for "Beanstack Tracker" in the App Store or Google Play to download and start tracking.
Why are we using Beanstack?
Beanstack allows you to:
- Keep track of each family member's reading logs, activities, and rewards on one account.
- Log reading from home or on the go.
- Write reviews of the books you've read
For those who prefer, a paper version will be available at the front desk. As you complete it, return to the front desk where a staff member can log your activity and make you eligible for all the goodies.
- Sign up on our site at http:horicon.beanstack.org
- Click on Register an Individual or Family
- Everyone is encouraged to participate--Parents/Guardians, start by registering yourself and filling out the required fields. You will be listed as the "Account Creator."
- Please choose Adult as the Grade Level for those 19+.
- You'll be prompted to enter information for you spouse/other adults in your family and then children as "Readers."
- Register for the 2020 Summer Reading Adventure.
- You're now ready to read, log, write, and do to complete the challenge.
- Sign into your account at http://horicon.beanstack.org
- Click the Log Reading and Activities button in the upper left corner of your screen. Choose Minutes as the logging type.
- The calendar defaults to the current day but can be changed if you wish to track specific days you/your family read.
- You can log reading time in minutes or hours. Ex: 3h, 30m. You can log for an individual reader or for everyone at the same time using the drop down menu--choose All Readers under "Select the Profile."
- You have the option of entering the Title and Author and submitting Book Reviews from here as well. (To submit a Picture Review, use the "Add a Review" button at the top of the screen.)
- You will earn a virtual badge for each hour of reading up to 12 hours. Two badges will become active each week after the start of the challenge. All badges once activated can be completed until the end of the challenge on Saturday, August 22nd.
- Completed Logging, Review, and Activity Badges earn a ticket towards our Challenge Grand Prizes. Assign your tickets to the prize you choose. Completed badges also earn a Build Your Library book.
- Each week all Readers who have completed badges will be entered into our weekly drawings.
- Come to the library to redeem your rewards and prizes.
- Winners will be contacted based on the information provided in their profile.
We’re looking forward to learning alongside you and hope you enjoy the program.
This project was brought to you by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction and made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services grant LS-00-19-0050-19.
Art in the Park
Canceled through July